Baratza Sette 270Wi - Coffee Grinder
The "i" in 270Wi stands for intelligence - the grinder now quickly calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset. The new 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect dosing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, unsteady surfaces.
Shipping & Returns
THE SETTE 270WI IS THE FIRST-EVER HOME GRINDER OFFERING GRIND-BY-WEIGHT FUNCTIONALITY DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PORTAFILTER OR GROUNDS BIN.
Dosage is calculated and controlled automatically by a precise digital scale utilizing Acaia weighing technology. The i in Wi stands for intelligent – the grinder quickly calculates and self-adjusts after changes in coffee bean or grind size. It also includes Bluetooth connectivity so that you can pair your Sette 270Wi with Acaia’s Sette Updater app on iOS to ensure timely updates if a change to the software is made.
The revolutionary gearbox and burrset design provide fast grinding and minimal waste, with an integrated adjustment assembly offering you 30 macro steps of adjustment plus 9 marked settings of stepless micro-adjustment for responsive grind setting changes. Explore different brewing methods with a convertible device holder that allows for hands-free grinding, into a portafilter, the included grounds bin, or most popular brewing devices.
The Sette 270Wi handles your ground coffee with consistency every step of the process. We Grind You Brew.
- The "i" in 270Wi stands for intelligence - the grinder now quickly calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- The new 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect dosing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, unsteady surfaces.
- A "quick burst" feature allows you to add small increments of coffee to your final dose after the grinder has stopped.
- In the event of a software update, it can be installed wirelessly via the integrated Bluetooth using Apple phone or tablet.
- Recent versions of the Sette 270W are upward compatible to the Sette 270Wi, by purchasing and installing the new 270Wi Display panel and then updating the software via an Acaia App.
The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
- Powerful DC motor for maximum starting torque and efficiency, resulting in cooler operation.
BURRS & BREWING METHODS
Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 270Wi is built with 40mm conical S1 burrs, which produce weight-based espresso grind, as well as grinding for manual brewing requiring a finer grind range (e.g.weight-based Aeropress and Hario V60). They grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the roast and the setting. The burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years.
The clever design of the Sette Series burr assembly offers you, the user, the ability to exchange the cone burr in less than a minute with no tools and no recalibration. Check this video from about 30 seconds in to see how easy it is to make the switch.
CONVERTIBLE DEVICE HOLDER & GROUNDS BIN
A built-in convertible holder, unique to the Sette Series, allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (V60, Clever, Kalita, etc.). The rubber sleeves on the arms are fully rotational allowing you the option to position them in a way that best suits the tool/brew-method you are using. The arms can accommodate portafilters from sizes 49mm to 58mm and the holder includes an integrated hook for stability.
The Sette’s grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. It has a usable capacity of 160g (Med Roast).
ACAIA - (WEIGHT-BASED DOSING)
This grinder was designed with a built-in scale using the weighing technology of Acaia, giving precise and accurate weight-based dosing, and a 10th of a gram sensitivity. The 270Wi has the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter - a breakthrough in grinding technology! This unique grinder design responds to the Specialty Coffee user trend of using specific weight based recipes for coffee preparation.
The hopper holds approximately 300-400g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans.
DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL
A user-friendly front mounted control panel has an easy to read backlit LED display. Three programmable buttons allow for grind weight setting within 0.1 gram. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
The Sette has a macro adjust of 30 steps, grinding from espresso to manual brew. A step-less micro adjust with 9 indicators, allows the user to easily dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
The Sette Series is designed with a small footprint (like our other models) ideal for home kitchens, offices, brew bars and catering.
The cone burr is easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
To maximize freshness, the Sette minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
A powerful, high torque DC motor drives the Sette. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Speed To Grind: 3.5g/sec (Espresso) —5.5g/sec (Manual Brewing)
- Burrs: 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5.5 oz (160g)
- Weight: 7lbs (3.2 kg)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 13cm / 40cm / 24cm
- Power Rating: 120 V AC 290 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.4 Amp
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
- Exploded View & Parts List: Download PDF
- Grinder Comparison Chart: Download PDF
Shipping: Free shipping for orders over 75$ in Canada and USA. Shipping rates calculated at checkout. Cafe Fabrique is not responsible for any applicable import fees. International Orders are shipped at the risk of the buyer - Café Fabrique will not be responsible for lost/damaged items
Returns: Any item you're not completely satisfied with can be returned up to 30 days after you receive it. The cost of the item, minus initial shipping costs will be refunded.
Click here for the complete shipping policy.
Shipping & Returns
Frequently bought together
WDT Tool with Stand | Espresso Distribution Tool
Are you searching for the perfect espresso? Look no further, the Cafe Fabrique WDT Tool will improve your espresso extractions.
TIMEMORE Black Mirror BASIC+ Coffee Scale
Upgrade your workflow with the Black Mirror BASIC+! This innovating device makes measurng a breeze, featuring an on-off power switch and texturized buttons for easier grip. Not only that - it has a weight-detecting auto timer to reduce work steps in no time flat! Get organized today while you measure reliable readings faster than ever before.